Digital Audio Recording 2: Pro Tools and Large Ensembles
The pre-release of my new textbook Digital Audio Recording 2: Pro Tools and Large Ensembles is available through The Quimby House bookstore, HERE. Digital Audio Recording 2 is the third part in The Quimby House series on recording & music technology. The first book in the series, Basic Audio Recording Techniques by Michael Julian & Marco Monahan, introduces students to the theory & equipment used in the recording studio. The second book, Digital Audio Recording: Basic Pro Tools by Michael Julian & Marco Monahan, introduces students to the Pro Tools recording environment with a hands-on project. The third book, Digital Audio Recording 2: Pro Tools and Large Ensembles by Alan Gardina, expands on the previous two books. Students learn how to…
- Collaborate with an artist and prepare their music for the recording studio.
- Set up a recording studio for small bands and large orchestras, including proper microphone placement for a variety of instruments.
- Use Pro Tools to record a multi-track music project.
- Use advanced editing techniques, like Beat Detective, Elastic Audio, and pitch-correction.
- Mix an album with effects & automation.
- Prepare your finished Master for sale & distribution on CD, Vinyl, and digital downloads.
This is the Preliminary Notes Edition of the book. It is currently text-only, available as a PDF. We are in the process of developing graphics, videos, and other material to supplement the book. As we create the content, it will be updated in The Quimby House online bookstore. If you purchase the PDF download, important revisions, updates, and inserts will be sent to you via e-mail.